Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cuppy- Cakes!

Ok, so we are busting out the deliciousness tonight! We just had some awesome home-made steak, egg, mushroom and onion breakfast burrito/fajita type goodness, and now for....DESSERT! Bryce ran off to a church youth activity, so while he's away, I'm gonna track down the recipe for some amazing Chocolate Fudge Brownie CUPCAKES. My sister-in-law Ashley made these the other day from a book I let my Mom borrow/have...and they were to die for. So I am hoping that I have all of the ingredients. And I need the recipe, because I forgot to have Bryce pick up another copy of the book. Oops.

The recipe is from this book:





You can buy this book from Amazon.com or Cedarfort.com or wherever you find it. :)



I have to say...I love dense, rich chocolate. And almond. And semi-sweet chocolate chunks. And easy recipes. So I LOVE these cupcakes. The author of the book, Wendy Paul, has suggestions for frosting to use with each flavor of cupcake, but when Ashley made these the other day she just used (slightly sweetened, I believe) whipped cream, and I thought that it complimented the flavor and texture of the cupcakes perfectly. A sweeter or thicker frosting would have been overkill with the fudgy center.

Ok, so my Mother-in-Law is truly a sweet-tooth-life-saver and read me the recipe over the phone...and I think I have everything. So...I'll be back when they are done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment